Tag Archives | managing performance
Marta Moakley December 18, 2015
Whether your organization is ready to engage in annual performance reviews or it has long since blasted those into the next galaxy, the Star Wars franchise provides us an excellent opportunity to review a character’s performance and consider, “Was the… continue
Marta Moakley July 22, 2015
A supervisor becomes aware of a performance deficiency: but what to do next? Depending on the circumstances, an employer may wish to address the issue informally, implement a performance improvement plan (PIP) or discipline the employee. Issues such as substance… continue
Marta Moakley August 19, 2014
Performance reviews can be a challenging topic for employers. With every legislative session, administrative rulemaking or local council meeting comes the potential for new legal requirements affecting an employer’s performance management process. At a minimum, an employer must be aware… continue
Melissa Burdorf March 17, 2014
HR and supervisors often face uncomfortable situations in the workplace, whether it be giving an employee a negative performance review, dealing with an employee with a hygiene problem, or managing an employee with a negative attitude. In a three-part series… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Is Your Employee Wellness Program Truly Effective? November 18, 2019
- It’s T-Minus Seven Weeks Until the New Overtime Rule: Are You Ready? November 13, 2019
- Are You Listening, Really Listening, to Your Employees? November 12, 2019
- Second Chance Hiring: 9 Considerations for Employers November 8, 2019
- Flunking Investigations 101 – Houston Astros Show What NOT to Do November 1, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment health and safety HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace violence