Tag Archives | predictable scheduling
Beth Zoller August 19, 2019
It’s that time once again in many parts of the country – time to put away the sunscreen and beach chairs, pack up those backpacks, get those school lunches together and start those carpools as its time to head back… continue
Marta Moakley August 20, 2018
Workplace flexibility has been a trending concept in HR for some time now. Many employers and workers are fans of the concept because it does not tackle the question of if work gets done, but when and how. (The gig… continue
Peggy Carter-Ward June 18, 2018
The federal government may be scaling back on new employment laws, and reducing the scope of existing laws, but many states and municipalities have forged aggressively ahead with a complex patchwork of new employment laws. Many of these laws come… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer June 6, 2018
Along with states, municipalities are leading the way in expanding employee rights by enacting various laws to protect workers and expand their rights. So, if keeping up with state and federal law updates is not challenging enough, employers now find… continue
Beth Zoller October 12, 2017
As the new calendar year draws closer, employers are bound to face challenges and obstacles when it comes to complying with new federal, state and local laws, maintaining their workplaces and managing their workers. 2017 to Date HR and… continue
Michael Cardman March 15, 2017
With the White House and both chambers of Congress controlled by Republicans, HR is waiting to see what changes the federal government might hold in store for employers this year. But it would be a grave mistake to forget about… continue
Michael Cardman February 26, 2016
The past several years have seen a number of state and local laws increasing the minimum wage, providing paid sick leave and “banning the box,” among other things. The next big trend in employment law could turn out to be… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- COVID-19 Spurs Requests for Work Accommodations June 29, 2020
- XpertHR’s 2020 Employee Benefits Survey Reveals Intriguing Paid Leave Findings and More June 24, 2020
- Supreme Court Hands Major Victories to LGBT Employees, Undocumented Workers June 19, 2020
- DOL Audit Survival Tips: It’s a Matter of “When,” Not “If” June 15, 2020
- Most Employers Are Conducting Temperature Checks and Asking Employees to Help Clean the Workplace, XpertHR Survey Shows June 11, 2020
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment health and safety HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB OSHA overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace violence