Tag Archives | reasonable accommodations
Beth Zoller August 1, 2019
When it comes to pregnancy, reasonable accommodations can be incredibly tricky and often leave employers with all sorts of questions. What is protected? Which legal requirements should employers be aware of with respect to pregnant employees? Can an employer restrict… continue
Beth Zoller March 5, 2019
Make no mistake, in order to get ahead of the game, an employer today must plan for an aging workforce and make a strong effort to attract and retain older workers. Recent statistics from the US Census Bureau show that… continue
Beth Zoller November 15, 2018
The 2018 midterm election was historic for individuals identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT). With significant victories on the state and local level, LGBT individuals are making inroads as shown by Colorado electing Jared Polis as the nation’s… continue
Beth Zoller November 5, 2018
Veterans Day is a great reminder of the positive qualities and attributes veterans can bring to an organization as valuable employees. Beyond their experience, expertise, leadership and strong work ethic, veterans also bring creativity, dedication and resilience. However, so many… continue
Beth Zoller May 22, 2018
As we approach Memorial Day and honor veterans for their service to the US military, it is important for an employer to recognize the discrimination and unfair treatment many veterans still face in the workplace today. In fact, just recently,… continue
Beth Zoller March 20, 2018
March is Women’s History Month, and it marks 55 years since the Equal Pay Act was enacted and 54 years since Title VII of the Civil Rights Act has been the law of the land. And yet women continue to… continue
Beth Zoller March 28, 2017
On March 8, 2017, International Women’s Day, women all over the US donned red to celebrate “A Day Without Women” and highlight the economic power and significance that women have in the US and global economies and also call attention… continue
Beth Zoller December 20, 2016
With 2017 around the corner, it’s time to review and update your employee handbook, if you haven’t already done so, to ensure it is legally compliant and reflects the latest developments affecting HR. There are a number of significant legal… continue
Beth Zoller October 20, 2016
Unfortunately, we live in a society in which domestic violence allegations surface all too often. Claims against Hollywood stars such as Brad Pitt and Johnny Depp along with incidents involving professional athletes, including Ray Rice, Greg Hardy and Jose Reyes,… continue
Beth Zoller August 29, 2016
The struggle for equal rights for individuals identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) has moved into the forefront more than ever before, and it’s having a dramatic impact on workplaces that are becoming increasingly diverse. Although Title VII… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Dos and Don’ts for Employers to Keep Their Holiday Parties Happy December 5, 2019
- Is Your Employee Wellness Program Truly Effective? November 18, 2019
- It’s T-Minus Seven Weeks Until the New Overtime Rule: Are You Ready? November 13, 2019
- Are You Listening, Really Listening, to Your Employees? November 12, 2019
- Second Chance Hiring: 9 Considerations for Employers November 8, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment health and safety HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace violence