Tag Archives | reasonable accommodations
Beth Zoller March 20, 2018
March is Women’s History Month, and it marks 55 years since the Equal Pay Act was enacted and 54 years since Title VII of the Civil Rights Act has been the law of the land. And yet women continue to… continue
Beth Zoller March 28, 2017
On March 8, 2017, International Women’s Day, women all over the US donned red to celebrate “A Day Without Women” and highlight the economic power and significance that women have in the US and global economies and also call attention… continue
Beth Zoller December 20, 2016
With 2017 around the corner, it’s time to review and update your employee handbook, if you haven’t already done so, to ensure it is legally compliant and reflects the latest developments affecting HR. There are a number of significant legal… continue
Beth Zoller October 20, 2016
Unfortunately, we live in a society in which domestic violence allegations surface all too often. Claims against Hollywood stars such as Brad Pitt and Johnny Depp along with incidents involving professional athletes, including Ray Rice, Greg Hardy and Jose Reyes,… continue
Beth Zoller August 29, 2016
The struggle for equal rights for individuals identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) has moved into the forefront more than ever before, and it’s having a dramatic impact on workplaces that are becoming increasingly diverse. Although Title VII… continue
Beth Zoller August 9, 2016
Much to the excitement of its employees, or as it refers to them “partners,” Starbucks has released a new dress code, the “Starbucks Dress Code Look Book,” seeking to strike a balance between allowing employees to engage in personal expression… continue
Beth Zoller May 27, 2016
With Memorial Day upon us, employers should recognize the immense talent and skills that veterans and those in the military can bring to the workplace. When it comes to leadership and dedication, veterans can enrich a workforce, improve an employer’s… continue
Melissa Gonzalez Boyce April 8, 2016
Municipalities are leading the way in expanding employee rights. So, if updating an employee handbook is not challenging enough, employers now find themselves trying to keep up with municipalities stretching their own legislating power to carve out rights and benefits… continue
Beth Zoller January 5, 2016
In the past year, a host of court cases, legislation and regulatory actions have questioned the very nature of who is considered an employer and who is considered an employee along with what rights and benefits employees should be entitled… continue
Beth Zoller November 17, 2015
The US workforce is rapidly aging, so how can employers adapt? According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, one in five American workers is over 65 and by 2020, almost 32 percent of the population between 65 and 74 will… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- 6 Takeaways for Employers from the Starbucks Incident April 19, 2018
- Engage Your Employees Without Letting Them Drive the Bus, Says @TimSackett April 16, 2018
- Survey Says: Employers Have Heightened Concern With Sexual Harassment in 2018 April 13, 2018
- Develop Good Habits for Retaining Top Talent April 11, 2018
- Guns in the Workplace: What Should Employers Do Now? April 5, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- Frank: Just cancel the holidays. That's what it's comin...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices compliance contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting retaliation sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence