Tag Archives | recruiting and hiring
HR Professionals View Recruiting and Hiring as the Most Challenging Issue for 2021, Says XpertHR Survey
Andrew Hellwege November 18, 2020
Recruiting and hiring is HR professionals’ top concern for next year, according to 563 US employers responding to XpertHR’s Survey of HR Challenges for 2021. The survey asked organizations to rate how challenging 12 major workplace issues might be in… continue
Emily Scace November 2, 2020
Done well, job postings influence better hiring outcomes. But job postings can also introduce bias into the hiring process, limiting the diversity of the hiring pool and exposing employers to potential litigation. By taking simple steps to critically analyze their… continue
David Weisenfeld October 29, 2020
Unconscious bias can be one of the biggest barriers to workplace equity. It can take many forms and, left unchecked, lead to a workforce that doesn’t look all that diverse. One successful example of removing unconscious bias involved orchestras’ efforts… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer August 26, 2020
Although financial wellness benefits have been rising in popularity for the last several years, the demand for them has grown exponentially due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and resulting recession. Such benefits can be a vital resource for employees during… continue
Beth Zoller January 27, 2020
As 2020 gets under way, employers must recognize the strategic and compliance challenges their workplaces face. With respect to strategic challenges, employers must understand how societal, cultural and technological changes create employer challenges and how to connect HR strategy to… continue
Beth Zoller November 8, 2019
Second chance hiring is the notion of hiring individuals with a criminal record and providing them with a second chance. As detailed below, second chance hiring can have significant benefits for employers. Recently JPMorgan Chase announced that it is “expanding… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer August 9, 2019
Do health care professionals have certain HR pain points that are more prevalent because of their industry? Although HR departments in all industries face many of the same workforce issues and struggles, some issues may be more common or a… continue
David Weisenfeld May 31, 2019
There is an old saying, “Diversity is being invited to the party. Inclusion is being asked to the dance.” Many employers are doing better when it comes to diversity, but are enough of their minority employees actually getting invited to… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer November 19, 2018
While a physical wellness program is not a new concept to most employers, a growing number are taking wellness a step further and offering financial wellness benefits, such as providing access to retirement planning advice. According to a Prudential survey… continue
Beth Zoller November 15, 2018
The 2018 midterm election was historic for individuals identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT). With significant victories on the state and local level, LGBT individuals are making inroads as shown by Colorado electing Jared Polis as the nation’s… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Keeping Performance Appraisals Effective During the Pandemic November 25, 2020
- HR Professionals View Recruiting and Hiring as the Most Challenging Issue for 2021, Says XpertHR Survey November 18, 2020
- How the Biden Presidency Could Affect Employers November 16, 2020
- Improve Hiring by Eliminating Bias from Job Postings November 2, 2020
- Disrupting Unconscious Bias at Work October 29, 2020
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance coronavirus discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment health and safety HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB OSHA overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace violence