Tag Archives | salary history
Beth Zoller September 18, 2018
With the new year just a few short months away, employers will inevitably face new and emerging HR challenges and obstacles in complying with federal, state and local laws, maintaining workplace policies and managing workers. Key 2018 Issues In… continue
Peggy Carter-Ward June 18, 2018
The federal government may be scaling back on new employment laws, and reducing the scope of existing laws, but many states and municipalities have forged aggressively ahead with a complex patchwork of new employment laws. Many of these laws come… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer June 6, 2018
Along with states, municipalities are leading the way in expanding employee rights by enacting various laws to protect workers and expand their rights. So, if keeping up with state and federal law updates is not challenging enough, employers now find… continue
Michael Jacobson May 2, 2018
Let’s be fair and assume that when you did your most recent handbook update – historically that would be end of 2017 or early 2018 – you prudently accounted for the dozens of laws that would change around the country… continue
Beth Zoller April 30, 2018
Among the hottest trends an employer needs to be aware of in the US today is the push for pay equity and the multiple efforts to close the persistent wage gap between men and women. It is essential for employers… continue
Beth Zoller March 29, 2018
“Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” Interestingly enough, this often quoted line from the beloved ‘80s movie “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” can apply to the workplace today.… continue
David Weisenfeld January 2, 2018
As the calendar turns to 2018, there are a host of new employment laws at the state and municipal levels that took effect December 31 or January 1 of which employers must be aware. Not surprisingly, a massive number of… continue
Beth Zoller December 7, 2017
As 2018 draws near, employers need to take a long hard look at their workforce and gear up for the challenges that lie ahead. To get a pulse on what the top HR and employment issues are in the workplace… continue
David Weisenfeld November 20, 2017
Employers may want to think twice before asking job applicants about their current or past salaries. Nine jurisdictions have passed laws banning or restricting such questions, most of them doing so in 2017. And the trend appears certain to continue… continue
David Weisenfeld October 23, 2017
While most think of October for fall foliage, Halloween and perhaps playoff baseball, in California it’s also the month when big employment law changes became official. Governor Jerry Brown kept his pen busy in signing a host of new laws… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Veterans Day 2018 Provides Reminder for Employers November 5, 2018
- Changing Workplace Culture: The Role of Employee Training October 30, 2018
- As 2018 Election Approaches, Employee Voting Leave Gains Importance October 23, 2018
- Unlimited Vacation Time Presents Pros and Cons for Employers October 16, 2018
- Workplace Sexual Harassment Prevention: One Year After #MeToo October 9, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
absence management ACA age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence