Tag Archives | salary history
Beth Zoller October 28, 2019
With the end of the year rapidly approaching, it is crucial for employers and HR to revisit and reassess their employee handbook and see if it needs to be updated or amended in any way for 2020. New laws and… continue
Beth Zoller October 21, 2019
October is Global Diversity Awareness Month and a chance to focus on the positive impact diversity and inclusion can have on a workforce. Although US workplaces have come a long way when it comes to diversity, there is still much… continue
Beth Zoller March 15, 2019
As we celebrate Women’s History Month this March, it has been 55 years since the passage of Title VII which banned gender discrimination (along with race, religion, color and national origin discrimination) by employers. Since that time, workplaces have become… continue
David Weisenfeld February 15, 2019
California employers seemingly need a scorecard each year to keep up with all of the employment law changes afoot, but this is especially true in 2019. From a significant expansion of the state’s sexual harassment prevention law to a first-of-its-kind… continue
Beth Zoller September 18, 2018
With the new year just a few short months away, employers will inevitably face new and emerging HR challenges and obstacles in complying with federal, state and local laws, maintaining workplace policies and managing workers. Key 2018 Issues In… continue
Peggy Carter-Ward June 18, 2018
The federal government may be scaling back on new employment laws, and reducing the scope of existing laws, but many states and municipalities have forged aggressively ahead with a complex patchwork of new employment laws. Many of these laws come… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer June 6, 2018
Along with states, municipalities are leading the way in expanding employee rights by enacting various laws to protect workers and expand their rights. So, if keeping up with state and federal law updates is not challenging enough, employers now find… continue
Michael Jacobson May 2, 2018
Let’s be fair and assume that when you did your most recent handbook update – historically that would be end of 2017 or early 2018 – you prudently accounted for the dozens of laws that would change around the country… continue
Beth Zoller April 30, 2018
Among the hottest trends an employer needs to be aware of in the US today is the push for pay equity and the multiple efforts to close the persistent wage gap between men and women. It is essential for employers… continue
Beth Zoller March 29, 2018
“Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” Interestingly enough, this often quoted line from the beloved ‘80s movie “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” can apply to the workplace today.… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Dos and Don’ts for Employers to Keep Their Holiday Parties Happy December 5, 2019
- Is Your Employee Wellness Program Truly Effective? November 18, 2019
- It’s T-Minus Seven Weeks Until the New Overtime Rule: Are You Ready? November 13, 2019
- Are You Listening, Really Listening, to Your Employees? November 12, 2019
- Second Chance Hiring: 9 Considerations for Employers November 8, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment health and safety HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace violence