Tag Archives | sexual harassment
Jessica Webb-Ayer April 13, 2018
Sexual harassment policies and training will remain a concern to many employers in 2018, according to a recent XpertHR survey. The survey revealed that employers plan to tackle the issue in a variety of ways, including: Updating their sexual harassment… continue
Michael Jacobson March 30, 2018
It has been happening for years, right under our collective noses. You always knew it was out there, happening to other people, but you thought it could never happen to you. You figured you’d have some advance notice; that the… continue
Beth Zoller March 20, 2018
March is Women’s History Month, and it marks 55 years since the Equal Pay Act was enacted and 54 years since Title VII of the Civil Rights Act has been the law of the land. And yet women continue to… continue
David Weisenfeld February 15, 2018
The fall of 2017 may forever be remembered for launching the #metoo movement as bombshell sexual harassment claims against big names arose seemingly every other day. A series of high-profile employers were quick to terminate or force big-name employees out… continue
Beth Zoller February 14, 2018
With Valentine’s Day upon us, love is in the air and very much in the workplace. In today’s society, it seems rather natural for individuals to meet at work and form close friendships as well as romantic relationships. However, when… continue
David Weisenfeld January 10, 2018
It’s been three months since the Harvey Weinstein sexual harassment news broke, but the bombshell revelations involving big names keep on coming. From Charlie Rose to Matt Lauer, Kevin Spacey, Al Franken, Peter Martins and too many others to mention,… continue
Michael Jacobson December 27, 2017
There’s an amazing Dilbert cartoon that goes like this. Dilbert is in a conference room and his boss (“Pointy-haired Boss”) says: “We need more of what the management experts call ‘employee engagement.’ I don’t know the details, but it has… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer December 18, 2017
No one is safe from sexual harassment accusations it seems, as many powerful individuals in entertainment, media and politics have recently learned. The floodgates have opened, and it doesn’t appear that the tide is slowing down anytime soon. But it’s… continue
Michael Jacobson November 30, 2017
Blockchain is a virtual network of data that operates by authenticating transactions and storing a permanent public record. At some point in the not too distant future, “Blockchain” technology will revolutionize how we do business. That isn’t so much a… continue
Beth Zoller November 17, 2017
With holiday season almost here, workplace holiday parties are also coming soon. These parties are often a good idea to encourage camaraderie among employees and managers and thank your workforce for a job well done. However, a festive and happy… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- 6 Takeaways for Employers from the Starbucks Incident April 19, 2018
- Engage Your Employees Without Letting Them Drive the Bus, Says @TimSackett April 16, 2018
- Survey Says: Employers Have Heightened Concern With Sexual Harassment in 2018 April 13, 2018
- Develop Good Habits for Retaining Top Talent April 11, 2018
- Guns in the Workplace: What Should Employers Do Now? April 5, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- Frank: Just cancel the holidays. That's what it's comin...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices compliance contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting retaliation sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence