Tag Archives | sexual harassment
Beth Zoller February 10, 2020
Just as new parents scramble to babyproof their homes when they have a toddler by making sure the toddler doesn’t touch a hot stove or electrical outlet, eat the dog’s food or ruin their sibling’s homework, it is critical for… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer January 13, 2020
Now that the New Year’s confetti has been cleared away and the new decade has begun, it’s time for employers to consider making resolutions to improve their workplaces. Here are 10 resolutions you should consider making for 2020: 1. Review… continue
Beth Zoller December 5, 2019
Having a workplace holiday party and celebrating the holidays with colleagues can be a great way to encourage team camaraderie, thank employees for their hard work and create a more festive atmosphere. However, if an employer is not cautious, it… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer August 9, 2019
Do health care professionals have certain HR pain points that are more prevalent because of their industry? Although HR departments in all industries face many of the same workforce issues and struggles, some issues may be more common or a… continue
Marta Moakley April 2, 2019
As sexual harassment in the workplace continues to be a focus for businesses, workers and enforcement agencies, evolving requirements and workplace demands have caused employers to focus on prevention strategies. What is the chief takeaway for employers with respect to… continue
Robert Teachout March 22, 2019
Are companies taking a more active role in the current political and social discussion calling for greater diversity and inclusion? Panelists during a “fireside chat” at the 2019 Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Employment Law and Legislative Conference held… continue
Beth Zoller March 15, 2019
As we celebrate Women’s History Month this March, it has been 55 years since the passage of Title VII which banned gender discrimination (along with race, religion, color and national origin discrimination) by employers. Since that time, workplaces have become… continue
David Weisenfeld March 4, 2019
With the launch of the #MeToo era, and increased attention being paid to other suspected workplace wrongdoing, the quality of your company’s internal investigation process is more important than ever. XpertHR recently connected with a pair of leading investigators, Allison… continue
David Weisenfeld February 15, 2019
California employers seemingly need a scorecard each year to keep up with all of the employment law changes afoot, but this is especially true in 2019. From a significant expansion of the state’s sexual harassment prevention law to a first-of-its-kind… continue
Beth Zoller February 12, 2019
With Valentine’s Day here, love is in the air and in the workplace. In today’s day and age, it is rather natural and somewhat common for individuals to meet at work, share common experiences and interests and potentially socialize, date… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- #SHRMInclusion 2020: Microaggressions in the Workplace and What to Do About Them October 22, 2020
- #SHRMInclusion 2020: Overcoming Criminal Record Bias and Finding a New Talent Pool October 21, 2020
- Many Employers Embracing Virtual Open Enrollment Tools October 16, 2020
- More Than 6 in 10 HR Professionals Say Getting Employees to Read the Employee Handbook is Challenging, According to XpertHR Survey October 15, 2020
- Open Enrollment Best Practices to Address Unique Challenges for 2021 October 2, 2020
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance coronavirus discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment health and safety HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace violence