Tag Archives | sexual harassment
Marta Moakley April 2, 2019
As sexual harassment in the workplace continues to be a focus for businesses, workers and enforcement agencies, evolving requirements and workplace demands have caused employers to focus on prevention strategies. What is the chief takeaway for employers with respect to… continue
Robert Teachout March 22, 2019
Are companies taking a more active role in the current political and social discussion calling for greater diversity and inclusion? Panelists during a “fireside chat” at the 2019 Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Employment Law and Legislative Conference held… continue
Beth Zoller March 15, 2019
As we celebrate Women’s History Month this March, it has been 55 years since the passage of Title VII which banned gender discrimination (along with race, religion, color and national origin discrimination) by employers. Since that time, workplaces have become… continue
David Weisenfeld March 4, 2019
With the launch of the #MeToo era, and increased attention being paid to other suspected workplace wrongdoing, the quality of your company’s internal investigation process is more important than ever. XpertHR recently connected with a pair of leading investigators, Allison… continue
David Weisenfeld February 15, 2019
California employers seemingly need a scorecard each year to keep up with all of the employment law changes afoot, but this is especially true in 2019. From a significant expansion of the state’s sexual harassment prevention law to a first-of-its-kind… continue
Beth Zoller February 12, 2019
With Valentine’s Day here, love is in the air and in the workplace. In today’s day and age, it is rather natural and somewhat common for individuals to meet at work, share common experiences and interests and potentially socialize, date… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer January 16, 2019
Now that 2019 is underway, many of your employees may be making resolutions to improve their lives in various ways, but resolutions are something that employers (and HR professionals in particular) should also be contemplating. Below are 10 resolutions your… continue
Marta Moakley October 9, 2018
The #MeToo movement’s rise has been marked by a host of high-profile resignations and terminations across a number of industries. While the movement has divided the country along partisan political lines at times, the reckoning at workplaces continues. Increases in… continue
David Weisenfeld June 21, 2018
Can you tell if someone is lying during an internal investigation? The truth is most people can’t because they’re looking for the wrong cues, said Michael Wade Johnson during a riveting presentation at the Society for Human Resource Management’s (SHRM)… continue
Marta Moakley May 30, 2018
The #MeToo and #TimesUp movements are going strong. It seems like every day there is an evolving story: New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman blocks the acquisition of the scandal-ridden Weinstein Company one week, resigns in disgrace the next. Uber… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Pressing Questions on Reasonable Accommodations under the ADA and FMLA April 17, 2019
- Why Paid Family Leave Should Be on Your Radar – If It Isn’t Already April 10, 2019
- Sexual Harassment Prevention: Employers Must Do More April 2, 2019
- How to Keep Your Best Employees From Walking Out the Door March 29, 2019
- #SHRMLEG 2019 Fireside Chat: Future of Work Involves More Employee, Social Issues Engagement March 22, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence