Tag Archives | sexual harassment
Marta Moakley May 30, 2018
The #MeToo and #TimesUp movements are going strong. It seems like every day there is an evolving story: New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman blocks the acquisition of the scandal-ridden Weinstein Company one week, resigns in disgrace the next. Uber… continue
Michael Jacobson May 2, 2018
Let’s be fair and assume that when you did your most recent handbook update – historically that would be end of 2017 or early 2018 – you prudently accounted for the dozens of laws that would change around the country… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer April 13, 2018
Sexual harassment policies and training will remain a concern to many employers in 2018, according to a recent XpertHR survey. The survey revealed that employers plan to tackle the issue in a variety of ways, including: Updating their sexual harassment… continue
Michael Jacobson March 30, 2018
It has been happening for years, right under our collective noses. You always knew it was out there, happening to other people, but you thought it could never happen to you. You figured you’d have some advance notice; that the… continue
Beth Zoller March 20, 2018
March is Women’s History Month, and it marks 55 years since the Equal Pay Act was enacted and 54 years since Title VII of the Civil Rights Act has been the law of the land. And yet women continue to… continue
David Weisenfeld February 15, 2018
The fall of 2017 may forever be remembered for launching the #metoo movement as bombshell sexual harassment claims against big names arose seemingly every other day. A series of high-profile employers were quick to terminate or force big-name employees out… continue
Beth Zoller February 14, 2018
With Valentine’s Day upon us, love is in the air and very much in the workplace. In today’s society, it seems rather natural for individuals to meet at work and form close friendships as well as romantic relationships. However, when… continue
David Weisenfeld January 10, 2018
It’s been three months since the Harvey Weinstein sexual harassment news broke, but the bombshell revelations involving big names keep on coming. From Charlie Rose to Matt Lauer, Kevin Spacey, Al Franken, Peter Martins and too many others to mention,… continue
Michael Jacobson December 27, 2017
There’s an amazing Dilbert cartoon that goes like this. Dilbert is in a conference room and his boss (“Pointy-haired Boss”) says: “We need more of what the management experts call ‘employee engagement.’ I don’t know the details, but it has… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer December 18, 2017
No one is safe from sexual harassment accusations it seems, as many powerful individuals in entertainment, media and politics have recently learned. The floodgates have opened, and it doesn’t appear that the tide is slowing down anytime soon. But it’s… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Dozens of New Employment Laws Across the US Come Into Effect July 1 June 18, 2018
- Hiring Those With Criminal Backgrounds: Leading the Conversation June 11, 2018
- Federal, State AND Local, Oh My! 5 Local Trends Challenging HR June 6, 2018
- Sexual Harassment Prevention: Planning for a Post-#MeToo Workplace May 30, 2018
- 5 Ways to Make Your Workplace More Veteran Friendly May 22, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices compliance contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence