Tag Archives | shrm
Jessica Webb-Ayer July 12, 2019
Employers continue to place a lot of value in the employee benefits they offer their workforce, according the SHRM 2019 Employee Benefits Survey. SHRM conducts the survey annually to gather information on the types of benefits employers are offering their… continue
David Weisenfeld June 19, 2018
“Too often we’re hearing I went to HR and nothing happened,” says Equifax HR Chief Coretha Rushing at the SHRM 2018 Annual Conference in Chicago. As a prime example, Rushing pointed to a large group of women at Nike turning… continue
Marta Moakley March 12, 2018
With the human and economic costs of the opioid crisis dominating the headlines, the topic of how to deal with drug use in the workplace proved to be a popular topic at the 2018 SHRM Employment Law and Legislative Conference.… continue
Top 7 Workplace Trends in 2016 – Key Takeaways from SHRM’s Employment Law and Legislation Conference 2016
Peggy Carter-Ward March 31, 2016
SHRM’s March 2016 Employment Law and Legislative conference in Washington DC could have been titled “It’s a Whole New Workplace – Where do I start?” With a slate of politicos, thought leaders, Pulitzer winning authors and Washington insiders, it was… continue
Michael Cardman March 18, 2016
The US Department of Labor’s new Fair Labor Standards Act regulations, which are expected to double the minimum salary for overtime-exempt employees, are coming out any day now and will probably take effect 60 days after their publication. Earlier this… continue
Alicia Smith June 30, 2015
It was record-breaking attendance at this year’s Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)’s 2015 Annual Conference in Las Vegas. Nearly 16,000 registered attendees (myself included) braved the hot desert sun – and seemingly endless references to “a dry heat”- to… continue
Michael Cardman March 21, 2014
With about 30 sessions spread over just two days, the Society for Human Resource Management’s 2014 Employment Law and Legislative Conference in Washington, D.C., offered more information than any one person could take in. Fortunately, social media provided observations and… continue
Marta Moakley February 21, 2014
On February 19, my colleague Beth Zoller and I had the amazing opportunity to chat with @WeKnowNext during #Nextchat. As always, HR wisdom spread over the Twitterverse at breakneck speed. Indulge me as I continue to expound upon certain themes… continue
Marta Moakley June 13, 2013
HR’s Kind of Town, Chicago Is. In just a couple of days, thousands of HR professionals will descend upon the Windy City to attend SHRM 2013. Keynote Speakers This year’s keynote speakers include a rather impressive group: former Secretary of… continue
Michael Cardman March 18, 2013
Last week, I had the pleasure of attending the Society of Human Resources Management’s 2013 Employment Law and Legislative Conference in Washington, D.C. Hundreds of HR professionals from around the nation gathered to network and to learn about the latest… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- 4 Key Steps to Developing Your Payroll Leadership Skills to Meet Ever-Changing Industry Demands June 5, 2020
- Celebrating LGBT Pride Month 2020 A Bit Differently June 1, 2020
- Returning At-Risk Employees to Work: Precautions to Take May 21, 2020
- What Post-Pandemic Workplaces May Look Like May 18, 2020
- Key Benefits Considerations for Employers Amid COVID-19: Part 2 May 13, 2020
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment health and safety HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB OSHA overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace violence