Tag Archives | workplace safety
Beth Zoller December 20, 2017
Distracted driving and failing to be safe when on the road can be an employer’s worst nightmare. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) research reveals that approximately every 12 minutes someone dies in a car crash, every 10 seconds an… continue
Melissa Gonzalez Boyce November 9, 2017
As Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria have demonstrated, hurricanes and other natural disasters can devastate people’s homes and livelihoods. However, while there is no way to prevent the unpredictable assault of these storms, technological advances and education now allow us… continue
Marta Moakley August 9, 2017
In 2017, the HR and employment law landscape in Florida has been changed by a number of new measures coming into effect, including: An amendment to the Florida insurance statute providing that a driver for a transportation network company, such… continue
Beth Zoller December 8, 2016
Celebrating the holidays at work can be a good way to encourage team camaraderie, thank employees for their service and create a more festive atmosphere. However, it is critical to proceed cautiously and maintain a professional environment, whether at an… continue
Melissa Gonzalez Boyce August 16, 2016
Ever since the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) released new reporting and recordkeeping rules, employers have been struggling to determine what they actually mean for their workplaces. Whether it is the various reporting requirements or the multiple effective dates,… continue
Michael Jacobson July 13, 2016
A regular round up of news, legal trends and workplace developments to help keep HR ahead of the curve Summer is a great time to be outside, but that also means there’s more… continue
Melissa Gonzalez Boyce July 6, 2016
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) recently finalized rules on the electronic reporting of workplace injuries and illnesses. OSHA’s new reporting rules place significant burdens on employers that bring the potential for substantial economic liability and serious frustration. These… continue
Michael Jacobson March 9, 2016
A round up of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve Now that the #Oscarsowhite controversy is in the rearview mirror, elite Hollywood actors and talent agencies are leading the charge for more diversity… continue
Beth Zoller February 8, 2016
When it comes to a textbook case of workplace harassment, an employer’s job is generally straightforward – record the victim’s complaint; interview the victim, the alleged harasser and any potential witnesses; gather evidence; and implement interim measures to separate the… continue
Michael Jacobson December 9, 2015
A round up of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve Last week’s mass murder at a Southern California office holiday party represents one of the worst workplace violence incidents in US history. Only… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- 6 Takeaways for Employers from the Starbucks Incident April 19, 2018
- Engage Your Employees Without Letting Them Drive the Bus, Says @TimSackett April 16, 2018
- Survey Says: Employers Have Heightened Concern With Sexual Harassment in 2018 April 13, 2018
- Develop Good Habits for Retaining Top Talent April 11, 2018
- Guns in the Workplace: What Should Employers Do Now? April 5, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- Frank: Just cancel the holidays. That's what it's comin...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices compliance contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting retaliation sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence