Archive | Talent Management RSS feed for this section
Jessica Webb-Ayer May 8, 2018
Do your employees have trouble disconnecting from work? Are they logged on to workforce systems at all hours of the day and night? Do they answer emails while on vacation or over the weekend? In the era of smartphones, tablets… continue
Marta Moakley April 11, 2018
HR professionals already know why it is so important to retain top performers. Retention of top talent: Aids in meeting business goals; Improves production continuity; Increases institutional memory; Reduces undesirable turnover; and Limits recruitment, onboarding and training costs. But sometimes… continue
Melissa Silver April 3, 2018
With the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) tripling its number of officers and quintupling the number of enforcement actions in 2018, employers need to be proactive and ensure that their Form I-9 practices are in compliance. Otherwise, employers can… continue
Marta Moakley March 12, 2018
With the human and economic costs of the opioid crisis dominating the headlines, the topic of how to deal with drug use in the workplace proved to be a popular topic at the 2018 SHRM Employment Law and Legislative Conference.… continue
Linda Pophal March 5, 2018
A recent MIT Technology Review article identified “Five Jobs That Are Set to Grow in 2018” and Artificial Intelligence (AI) engineer had a prominent spot on the list. “There probably isn’t a more sought-after skill set in the world of… continue
David Weisenfeld December 5, 2017
Since Generation Z refers to individuals born in 1994 or after, it may seem like it’s still too soon for this young group to be making much of an impact on the workforce. But that’s far from the case. In… continue
Marta Moakley November 21, 2017
Having clear employment policies is crucial for employers, but those policies are often only as good as the supervisors entrusted with carrying them out. Robin Shea, a partner at the national law firm Constangy, Smith, Brooks & Prophete, and author… continue
Michael Cardman October 20, 2017
According to a new survey from Upwork and the Freelancers Union, about 57 million Americans (or 36% of the US workforce) are freelancing, which the study defined as performing supplemental, temporary, project- or contract-based work within the past 12 months.… continue
Marta Moakley October 11, 2017
The marketplace has become increasingly competitive for hiring in 2017. With unemployment hovering around 4.4% (a stark contrast to the 10% seen at the height of the recession in 2009), employers are finding it tougher to find top talent. Because… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer September 7, 2017
I have a confession to make: I’m a millennial. Now granted, I’m an “older” millennial that remembers playing the Oregon Trail computer game as a kid, but technically I am still a member of Generation Y. We’re also known by… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- 5 Ways to Make Your Workplace More Veteran Friendly May 22, 2018
- 7 Questions to Consider Before Taking on an Unpaid Intern May 16, 2018
- Why US Employers Can’t Ignore EU’s General Data Protection Regulation May 11, 2018
- Helping Employees Disconnect from Work in the Digital Age May 8, 2018
- Pay Equity Efforts Gain Momentum May 4, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices compliance contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting retaliation sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence