Coronavirus (COVID-19): Wage and Hour
Author: XpertHR Editorial Team
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has caused many employers to take (or consider taking) actions such as:
- Allowing employees to work remotely;
- Changing work schedules and job duties;
- Adjusting pay;
- Closing workplaces;
- Providing hazard pay and/or bonuses;
- Hiring temporary workers; and
- Requiring employees to take their temperatures, get a health screening and/or test for COVID-19.
All of these trigger wage and hour considerations that employers should carefully evaluate.
Employers also may use this resource to monitor temporary/emergency developments at the federal and state levels. (Permanent developments will continue to be covered in the Employment Law Manual and the Legal Timetable via XpertHR's usual updating process.)