Future of Work: Prepare Today for the Workplace of Tomorrow
Author: XpertHR Editorial Team
Every leader interested in navigating the evolving world of work has discussed what the future of work should look like for their organization. Business strategy must change in response to evolving market challenges: yesterday's strengths may be tomorrow's weaknesses.
HR should be a driving force in workplace transformations: anticipating, predicting and implementing changes that will continue to support business needs and drive positive outcomes. As the organization decides on its evolving business strategy for the workplace of tomorrow, HR also must align its own strategic objectives. In addition, HR should prepare managers to lead with agility and support growth industries and new ideas.
Forward thinking on a number of issues continues to be a strategic priority, including:
- Employee wellbeing and mental health;
- Diversity, equity and inclusion;
- Leadership development;
- Focusing on the employee experience;
- Managing hybrid workplaces;
- Strategizing total rewards;
- Talent acquisition;
- Rethinking the workplace;
- Reforming the culture; and
- Focusing on human-centric design and practices.