San Diego, California
NOTE: Please visit our new San Diego jurisdiction page to view latest content. This article is no longer kept up to date.
The City of San Diego extends a number of employee protections in addition to those guaranteed by federal and state governments.
Explore San Diego's compliance deadlines in the Legal Timetable.
These are some of the San Diego employment laws covered on XpertHR:
San Diego Earned Sick Leave and Minimum Wage Ordinance
San Diego's Earned Sick Leave and Minimum Wage Ordinance requires covered employers to meet minimum wage requirements and to provide employees working in the City of San Diego with earned sick leave.
- For comprehensive coverage regarding minimum wage requirements, see Minimum Wage: California.
- For comprehensive coverage regarding paid sick leave requirements, see Paid Sick Leave: California.
- For targeted coverage regarding retaliation protections, see Employee Discipline: California.
- For targeted coverage of notice and posting requirements, see Employee Communications: California.
- Review model notices and posters, including:
- Review relevant handbook statements, including: