Disabilities (ADA): Missouri
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Michelle Barrett Falconer, Littler
- In addition to the federal equal opportunity laws, Missouri employers must comply with state and local antidiscrimination laws, including the Missouri Human Rights Act. See Disability Discrimination in Missouri.
- Missouri has a law protecting individuals with HIV infection, Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related complex. See Missouri Human Rights Act.
- Missouri law prohibits employers from discriminating against employees or applicants based on genetic information. See Genetic Testing.
- Missouri permits the use of medical marijuana. See Medical Marijuana.
- Localities including Columbia, Kansas City and St. Louis have requirements pertaining to disability discrimination. See Local Requirements.