Drugs, Alcohol and Smoking: Oregon
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: XpertHR Editorial Team
- Oregon employers may implement drug-free workplace policies. See Drugs and Alcohol.
- Oregon employers may prohibit marijuana use in the workplace even though medical and recreational use is legal in the state. See Marijuana.
- Employers may implement and enforce policies that prohibit the use, sale, possession, distribution, purchase and cultivation of drugs and alcohol in the workplace. See Drug and Alcohol Policies.
- Oregon does not prohibit employers from testing employees or job applicants for illegal drug use or alcohol impairment. See Drug and Alcohol Testing.
- The Oregon Indoor Clean Air Act prohibits smoking, including the use of e-cigarettes, in the workplace. See Smoking.
- An employer must post signs regarding the Indoor Clean Air Act. See Postings.
- Employers are not required to have a smoking policy but may implement one that prohibits smoking in the workplace. See Smoking Policies.