Employee Health: Florida
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Leanne Coffman
- Florida employers must manage employee health concerns related to heat illness, seating and presumptive illnesses and conditions. See Managing Day-to-Day Health Concerns.
- Under Florida law, smoking is banned in all indoor workplaces and most public places. See Smoking in the Workplace.
- Florida allows the use of medical marijuana for debilitating medical condition. See Medical Marijuana.
- The state has a Good Samaritan law, which offers conditional protection from civil damages to those offering emergency medical care. See Managing Emergency Medical Situations.
- Florida prohibits employers from requiring proof of vaccination or COVID-19 testing as a condition of contracting, hiring, promotion or continued employment. See COVID-19-Related Discrimination.