Employee Health: Idaho
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Scott Randolph, Bradley T. Cave, Holland & Hart LLP
- Employers are limited in the information they can obtain from an employee assistance provider regarding any employee. See Managing Mental Health Concerns.
- The Idaho Clean Air Act prohibits smoking in virtually all workplaces. See Smoking in the Workplace.
- Employers who obtain defibrillators are required to comply with training, maintenance and use rules, and obtain the device pursuant to prescription. See Managing Emergency Medical Situations.
- Employers covered by the Idaho Worker's Compensation Law are required to submit a written report regarding any injury or occupational disease requiring treatment by a physician or resulting in an absence from work of one day or more. See Managing an At-Work Injury.
- The Coronavirus Stop Act prohibits business entities from requiring employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term of employment except in certain cases.See Covid-19 Vaccine Mandate Ban.