Employee Privacy: Arizona
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Paige A. Martin and Daniel Press, Kutak Rock LLP
- Arizona has a law governing data security breaches. See Data Security.
- Arizona employers may base disciplinary actions on an employee's positive drug test or the refusal to take a test. See Drug and Alcohol Testing; Disciplinary Measures.
- Arizona wiretapping law may limit an employer's ability to electronically monitor employees. See Privacy and Electronic Monitoring; Wiretapping.
- Arizona's video surveillance law prohibits employers from videotaping employees under certain circumstances. See Video Surveillance.
- Arizona law addresses genetic testing in the workplace. See Genetic Testing.
- Arizona law recognizes common law claims for invasion of privacy. See Invasion of Privacy.
- Employers who provide job references on current or former employees are immune from liability under certain circumstances. See Job References.