Employment Offer: Rhode Island
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Jessica Sussman
- In Rhode Island, employment offers with a term of employment for more than a year must be in writing. See Making an Employment Offer.
- Rhode Island employers may condition the employment offer on the results of a medical exam. See Conditional Employment Offers.
- Rhode Island employers are prohibited from inquiring into an applicant's salary history. See Salary History Inquiries.
- Rhode Island employers must provide an applicant with the wage range for the position for which the applicant is applying upon the applicant's request. See Pay Transparency.
- Rhode Island permits employers to revoke written offers of at-will employment before the prospective employee begins work. See Withdrawing Employment Offers.