Insurance and Disability Benefits: Nebraska
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Gloria Ju
- A Nebraska employer may choose to offer group term life insurance to its employees and may extend coverage to the employees' spouses and dependent children. If life insurance benefits are provided, certain requirements must be met. See Group Life Insurance.
- If a Nebraska employer offers group life insurance, premiums for the policies may be paid from different sources. See Employer Contribution and Coverage Requirements.
- Employees are entitled to a minimum grace period for paying premiums, except the first. See Grace Period.
- Group life insurance policies may be converted to individual policies under some circumstances. See Conversion Rights.
- Group life insurance may continue for a limited time during an employee's total disability. See Continuation of Coverage.