New Hire Paperwork: Connecticut
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: XpertHR Editorial Team
- New hires must be advised in writing of their rate pay. See Notification of Pay.
- Employers must provide notice to each service worker at the time of hiring of the entitlement to paid sick leave. See Paid Sick Leave.
- Connecticut has a Paid Family and Medical Leave law with new hire notice requirements. See Notice Under Paid Family and Medical Leave Act.
- Each new employee must complete Connecticut Employee's Withholding Certificate, Form CT-W4. See Employee's Withholding Certificate.
- Private investigators and security industry employers must provide specific notices to new hires.See Private Investigators and Security.
- Connecticut requires employers to provide a copy of the information concerning the illegality of sexual harassment and remedies available to victims of sexual harassment to new employees.See Notice Regarding Antiharassment Policy.