Other Leaves: Hawaii
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Anna Elento-Sneed, Alston Hunt Floyd & Ing
- There are various types of leave that may be available to an employee in Hawaii. See Leaves of Absence.
- Hawaii has a state family and medical leave law applicable to certain private employers.See Family and Medical Leave.
- A covered employer must provide eligible employees with leave for bone marrow, peripheral blood stem cell and organ donation. See Bone Marrow, Stem Cell and Organ Donor Leave.
- An employer must provide an eligible employee with leave if the employee or the employee's minor child is a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking and the leave is used to, among other things, seek medical attention for the employee to recover from psychological injuries or disabilities caused by the violence. See Domestic Violence Leave.
- An employer may not terminate an employee because the employee serves as a witness or attends court as a prospective witness. See Witness Duty Leave.