Other Leaves: North Dakota
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Authors: Joel Fremstad and Lynn Block, Fremstad Law
- There are various types of leave that may be available to an employee in North Dakota. See Leaves of Absence.
- North Dakota does not have a state family and medical leave law applicable to private employers. See Family and Medical Leave.
- An employer is required to excuse employees from work to serve on a jury without an adverse employment action. See Jury Duty Leave.
- An employer may not deprive an employee of employment, lay off, penalize, threaten or otherwise coerce an employee because the employee receives or responds to a summons or subpoena as a witness, or gives testimony pursuant to a subpoena. See Witness Duty Leave.
- North Dakota provides job protection to members of the National Guard or Civil Air Patrol. See Emergency Responder Leave.