Unemployment Insurance: Hawaii
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Anna Elento-Sneed, Alston Hunt Floyd & Ing
- Most employers are subject to the Employment Security Law. See Employer Coverage.
- Claimants must meet certain requirements in order to be eligible for unemployment benefits. See Employee Eligibility.
- Under certain circumstances, workers may not qualify for unemployment benefits. See Disqualification From Benefits.
- Unemployment benefits generally last for up to 26 weeks. See Benefits.
- Employers must follow certain notice and posting requirements. See Notice and Posting Requirements.