Unemployment Insurance: Montana
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Authors: Jason Ritchie, Holland & Hart LLP
- Most employers are subject to the Montana Unemployment Insurance Law. See Employer Coverage.
- Claimants must meet certain requirements in order to be eligible for unemployment benefits. See Employee Eligibility.
- Under certain circumstances, workers may not qualify for unemployment benefits. See Disqualification From Benefits.
- Unemployment benefits generally last for up to 28 weeks. See Benefits.
- Individuals may be required to provide verification in connection with their claim. See Filing Claims.
- Employers must follow certain posting and recordkeeping requirements. See Notice and Posting Requirements; Recordkeeping Requirements.