Want to Read More? To continue reading this article, please Log in or Register Now

Alternative Dispute Resolution: Massachusetts

Alternative Dispute Resolution requirements for other states

Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.

Author: Susan Borowski, Reliable Writing Services


  • Either party in a private employer dispute may petition for arbitration to the Department of Labor Relations, or submit the controversy to a local board of arbitration. See Arbitration.
  • Massachusetts has a special provision for disputes between certain health care facilities and nurses. See Disputes in Health Care Facilities.
  • Employers can choose to submit to binding arbitration. See Binding Arbitration.