Benefit Communications: Federal
Author: June Mara, XL Communications Inc.
- Employees need to know about their benefits in order to use them effectively and to understand and appreciate their value. See Demonstrate the Value of Benefits to Employees.
- Communicating the value of employee benefits helps to engage and motivate employees and can help to increase retention. See Demonstrate the Value of Benefits to Employees.
- Employers should provide managers and supervisors with tools and techniques so they can support and reinforce the communications effort with their employees. See Open Enrollment.
- Benefit communications to employees should be planned and provided on a regular basis. See Developing a Communication Plan.
- It is important to strike a balance with benefit communications so employees have access to complete and accurate information, but are not overwhelmed with too many details at one time. See Developing a Communication Plan; Methods of Communication.
- Communication is most effective if various media are employed, including print, video, in-person and electronic. See Methods of Communication.
- Total compensation statements are a very effective way to demonstrate the value of benefits to employees. See Total Compensation Statements.