Depositing and Reporting Withheld Taxes: Iowa
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Authors: Stuart R. Buttrick and Susan W. Kline, Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- The deposit thresholds and due dates are based on how much an employer withholds each year. See Deposit Thresholds and Schedules.
- All employers must, at a minimum, file quarterly reconciliation returns. See Forms.
- Iowa employers must file a Verified Summary of Payments Report with the Iowa Department of Revenue each year. See Annual Reconciliation Forms and Filing Deadlines.
- Iowa employers must electronically file Forms W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, with the Iowa Department of Revenue (DOR) by the annual due date. See Form W-2 Filing Requirements.
- Penalties are imposed for failure to comply with the income tax depositing and filing requirements. See Penalties.