Depositing and Reporting Withheld Taxes: Nebraska
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Authors: Kathryn E. Jones and Meghan M. Blinn, Kutak Rock LLP
- The deposit thresholds and due dates are based on how much an employer withholds during the month. See Deposit Thresholds and Schedules; Deposit and Filing Due Dates.
- Employers that do not deposit electronically must complete the appropriate form. Quarterly reconciliation returns are also required. See Forms.
- Penalties are imposed for failure to comply with the income tax depositing and filing requirements. See Penalties.
- Certain employers are required to make deposits by electronic funds transfer (EFT). See Electronic Deposit Requirements.
- Employers must file an annual reconciliation form. Certain employers must file Forms W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, electronically. See Annual Reconciliation Forms and Filing Deadlines; Electronic and Magnetic Media Form W-2 Reporting Requirements.