Depositing and Reporting Withheld Taxes: Oklahoma
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Authors: Alan L. Rupe and Aaron Sauerwein, Kutak Rock LLP
- The income tax deposit thresholds and due dates are based on how much an employer withheld during the previous fiscal year. See Deposit Thresholds and Schedules.
- All employers must file quarterly returns. Employers do not file forms when making tax deposits. See Deposit Thresholds and Schedules; Forms.
- Penalties are imposed for failure to comply with the income tax depositing and filing requirements. See Penalties.
- Employers are encouraged to deposit taxes by electronic funds transfer (EFT). See Electronic Deposit Requirements.
- Oklahoma employers must electronically file copies of Forms W-2 and W-3 on an annual basis. An annual reconciliation return is not required. See Annual Reconciliation Forms and Filing Deadlines; Form W-2 Filing Requirements.