Disabilities (ADA): Kentucky
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Authors: Michelle Barrett Falconer and Emily H. Morris, Littler
- In addition to the federal equal opportunity laws, Kentucky employers must comply with a number of state and local antidiscrimination statutes, including the Kentucky Civil Rights Act and the Equal Opportunities Act. See The Kentucky Civil Rights Act.
- An employer with 15 or more employees is required to provide reasonable accommodations for pregnancy, childbirth or a related medical condition. See Pregnancy Accommodations.
- Kentucky law prohibits discrimination against individuals with HIV or AIDS. See The Equal Opportunities Act (EOA).
- Kentucky permits the use of medical marijuana under very limited circumstances. See Medical Marijuana.
- Louisville-Jefferson County has requirements pertaining to disability discrimination. See Local Requirements.