Disabilities (ADA): Wisconsin
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Authors: Julia S. Arnold, Sofija Anderson and Michelle Barrett Falconer, Littler
- In addition to the federal equal opportunity laws, Wisconsin employers must comply with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. See Disability Discrimination in Wisconsin.
- The Wisconsin Fair Employment Act is a comprehensive law that addresses discrimination in employment, as well as public accommodation, public services, housing, education, credit and business relationships. See The Wisconsin Fair Employment Act.
- Individuals with disabilities are entitled to accessible workplace parking spaces. See Accessible Workplace Parking.
- Any agreement between a Wisconsin employer and another person offering employment in return for taking a genetic test is prohibited. See Genetic Testing.
- Wisconsin permits the use of medical marijuana under very limited circumstances. See Medical Marijuana.
- Localities including Madison and Milwaukee have requirements pertaining to disability discrimination. See Local Requirements.