Drugs, Alcohol and Smoking: Florida
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: XpertHR Editorial Team
- Florida employers may implement drug-free workplace policies and require employees to disclose prescription drugs that may adversely affect judgment, coordination or the ability to perform job duties. See Drugs and Alcohol.
- Florida permits the use, including smoking, of medical marijuana by qualified registered patients with a debilitating medical condition. See Medical Marijuana.
- Employers are not prohibited from conducting drug and alcohol testing in the workplace. See Testing.
- The Florida Clean Indoor Air Act bans smoking, including vaping, in nearly all enclosed indoor workplaces and most public places. See Smoking.
- "No Smoking" signs are not required to be posted. See Postings.
- Employers are required to have a policy that prohibits smoking and e-cigarette use in the workplace. See Smoking Policies.