Drugs, Alcohol and Smoking: Mississippi
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: XpertHR Editorial Team
- Mississippi employers may prohibit drug and alcohol use in the workplace. See Drugs and Alcohol.
- The Harper Grace's Law allows the possession and use of cannabidiol (CBD solution) for medical purposes by people with a debilitating epileptic condition or related illness. See Cannabidiol.
- Employers may implement and enforce policies that prohibit the use, sale, possession, distribution, purchase and cultivation of drugs and alcohol in the workplace. See Drug and Alcohol Policies.
- An employer doing business or operating in Mississippi that voluntarily chooses to conduct drug and alcohol testing must comply with the state's Drug and Alcohol Testing of Employees Act. See Drug and Alcohol Testing.
- Mississippi has a limited law regarding smoking in the workplace. See Smoking.