Drugs, Alcohol and Smoking: Nebraska
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: XpertHR Editorial Team
- Nebraska employers may prohibit drug and alcohol use in the workplace. See Drugs and Alcohol.
- Employers may implement and enforce policies that prohibit the use, sale, possession, distribution, purchase and cultivation of drugs and alcohol in the workplace. See Drug and Alcohol Policies.
- Employers that choose to implement a workplace testing program and follow the provisions of the state Drug and Alcohol Testing law may be protected from liability in certain civil actions. See Drug and Alcohol Testing.
- The Nebraska Clean Indoor Air Act prohibits smoking and the use of electronic smoking devices in the workplace. See Smoking.
- A "No Smoking" sign is not required. However, an employer may post one where smoking is prohibited. See Postings.
- Employers are not required to have a smoking policy but may implement one that prohibits smoking in the workplace. See Smoking Policies.