Drugs, Alcohol and Smoking: Pennsylvania
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: XpertHR Editorial Team
- Employers may implement and enforce policies that prohibit the use, sale, possession, distribution, purchase and cultivation of drugs and alcohol in the workplace. See Drugs and Alcohol
- Pennsylvania permits the use of medical marijuana by registered users with a serious medical condition. See Medical Marijuana.
- Pennsylvania does not have specific drug and alcohol testing laws governing private employers. See Drug and Alcohol Testing.
- Pennsylvania prohibits smoking in workplaces. See Smoking.
- "No Smoking" signs" are required where smoking is prohibited. See Postings.
- Employers are not required to have a smoking policy but may implement one that prohibits smoking in the workplace. See Smoking Policies.
- Philadelphia has requirements pertaining to smoking. See Local Requirements.