Drugs, Alcohol and Smoking: Wisconsin
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: XpertHR Editorial Team
- Wisconsin employers may implement drug-free workplace policies. See Drugs and Alcohol.
- Wisconsin has a limited law permitting medical marijuana. See Medical Marijuana.
- Employers may implement and enforce policies that prohibit the use, sale, possession, distribution, purchase and cultivation of drugs and alcohol in the workplace. See Drug and Alcohol Policies.
- Employers in Wisconsin are not prohibited from conducting drug and alcohol testing of employees and job applicants. See Drug and Alcohol Testing.
- Wisconsin prohibits smoking in enclosed places of employment. See Smoking.
- An employer must post appropriate signage regarding the smoking prohibition. See Postings.
- Employers are not required to have a smoking policy, but may implement one that prohibits smoking in the workplace. See Smoking Policies.