EEO - Affirmative Action: Colorado
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Authors: Stuart R. Buttrick, Susan W. Kline and Mary L. Will, Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
- Colorado does not have a general statute specifically addressing affirmative action requirements for private employers. However, there are two state regulations related to private employer affirmative action. See Private Employers.
- The Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act (CADA) states that employers are to take affirmative action to recruit women to jobs from which they have been excluded. See Sex Discrimination.
- Employers may invite applicants to identify a disability. See Individuals With a Disability.
- Colorado's principal public departments must implement and follow Colorado's State Government Affirmative Action Program. See Public Employers.
- Denver has requirements pertaining to EEO - Affirmative Action. See Local Requirements.