EEO - Affirmative Action: Oregon
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Authors: Sean Ray and Nelson Atkin, Barran Liebman
- Private employers are not required to establish affirmative action programs under Oregon law. See Private Employers.
- All branches of Oregon state government are required to engage in affirmative action. See Affirmative Action for Oregon Public Employees.
- The Public Contracting Code cannot prohibit affirmative action. However, a contracting agency may require a contractor or subcontractor to use either an emerging small business or a business owned or controlled by a disabled veteran. See State Contractors.
- Apprenticeship Program Sponsors are required to take affirmative action and, if the program has five or more apprentices, adopt an affirmative action plan. See Apprenticeship Programs.
- The cities of Portland and Eugene have affirmative action plans. See Municipalities.