EEO - Discrimination: Massachusetts
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
- The Massachusetts Fair Employment Practices Law prohibits discrimination in employment. See Discrimination Under the Massachusetts Fair Employment Practices Law.
- Massachusetts has a greater number of protected classes than federal law. See Protected Classes Under Massachusetts Law.
- Employers in Massachusetts may need to provide reasonable accommodations. See Accommodations.
- Massachusetts restricts an employer's ability to question applicants and employees about their criminal record. See Criminal Record.
- Massachusetts has an equal pay law. See Equal Pay.
- Boston has requirements pertaining to discrimination. See Local Requirements.