EEO - Discrimination: Mississippi
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Jason T. Marsh, Phelps Dunbar, LLP
- Mississippi does not have a general statute protecting private employees from discrimination. See Discrimination Law in Mississippi
- Mississippi has an equal pay law that applies to employers with five or more employees. See Equal Pay.
- Mississippi has a law providing protections to employees who object to COVID-19 vaccines on the basis of a sincerely held religious belief. See COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate Religious Exemptions.
- Mississippi has a law prohibiting discrimination against smokers. See Discrimination Against Smokers.
- Mississippi has a law prohibiting military discrimination. See Discrimination Against Military Personnel.
- Mississippi law prohibits discrimination on the basis of past criminal acts that have been expunged from a person's record. See Discrimination Based on Criminal Record.
- Mississippi has a law providing lactation and breastfeeding protections and accommodations. See Lactation and Breastfeeding Protections and Accommodations.