EEO - Discrimination: South Dakota
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Gloria Ju
- The South Dakota Human Relations Act (SDHRA) differs from the federal antidiscrimination laws. See South Dakota Human Relations Act.
- South Dakota has an equal pay law. See Equal Pay.
- South Dakota law prohibits discrimination based on genetic information. See Genetic Information Discrimination.
- Employers are prohibited from discriminating against employees for off-duty use of tobacco products. See Off-Duty Tobacco Use.
- Localities including Rapid City and Sioux Falls have requirements pertaining to discrimination. See Local Requirements.