EEO - Harassment: California
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Brian Inamine
- Harassment claims in California are governed by the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA). See Harassment Under the California Fair Employment and Housing Act.
- The FEHA is generally more expansive than the federal statutes. See Harassment Under the California Fair Employment and Housing Act.
- An employer is required to maintain a policy prohibiting harassment in the workplace. See Required Policies.
- Sexual harassment training is required under California law for certain employers. See Training Requirements.
- Localities including Los Angeles, Sacramento and San Francisco have requirements pertaining to harassment. See Local Requirements.