Employee Handbooks - Work Rules - Employee Conduct: Idaho
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Erik Strindberg, Strindberg and Scholnick, LLC
- Employment in Idaho is presumed to be at-will, though exceptions are recognized by law. See At-Will Employment.
- Written policies are required if an employer seeks to conduct drug and alcohol testing. See Drug and Alcohol Testing.
- Idaho has strict laws regarding smoking in public places. See Smoking.
- An employer needs to comply with Idaho law regarding payment of wages, time worked and final paychecks. See Minimum Wage Requirements and Hours Worked.
- Ketchum has requirements pertaining to e-cigarette use. See Local Requirements.