Employee Handbooks - Work Rules - Employee Conduct: Nebraska
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Authors: Marcia A. Washkuhn and Kasey M. Cappellano, Kutak Rock LLP
- Employment is generally at-will in Nebraska. See At-Will Employment.
- An employer's handbook or policies may create an employment contract under certain circumstances unless the employer includes a sufficient disclaimer of intent to create such a contract. See Employment Contracts Created Through Handbook Policies.
- Employers in Nebraska may conduct drug and alcohol testing. See Drug and Alcohol Use and Testing.
- Nebraska has law relating to weapons in the workplace. See Firearms.
- The Nebraska Clean Indoor Air Act addresses smoking on employment premises. See Nebraska Clean Indoor Air Act.