Employee Handbooks - Work Rules - Employee Conduct: New Hampshire
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: James P. Reidy, Sheehan Phinney Bass + Green PA
- New Hampshire is an employment at-will state. See Employee Handbooks and At-Will Status.
- Employee handbooks in New Hampshire may constitute enforceable contracts and alter the at-will status of employment so it is advisable to add a disclaimer in the employee handbook. See Employee Handbooks and At-Will Status.
- Employers may not monitor employee email and telephone communications without prior consent. See Work Rules Regarding Electronic Monitoring.
- New Hampshire Law restricts smoking in the workplace. See Work Rules Regarding Smoking in the Workplace.
- New Hampshire law addresses employee leaves under certain circumstances. See Work Rules Regarding Employee Leaves.