Employee Handbooks - Work Rules - Employee Conduct: West Virginia
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Eric E. Kinder, Spilman Thomas & Battle, PLLC
- West Virginia is an employment at-will state. See At-Will Nature of Employment.
- West Virginia employers must comply with specific notification requirements before monitoring employee telephone conversations. See Computers and Electronic Communications.
- West Virginia law requires employers to set a schedule for wage payment and provide that schedule to employees prior to the start of employment. See Work Rules Governing Wage Payment.
- Employers in West Virginia may drug test under certain conditions. See Substance Abuse Testing.
- Numerous West Virginia counties have Clean Air Acts. See Smoking.
- West Virginia law dictates that employers must provide certain employees with meal and rest breaks. See Meal and Other Breaks.