Employee Health: Iowa
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Authors: Stuart R. Buttrick, Susan W. Kline and Tareen Zafrullah, Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Iowa's Smokefree Air Act prohibits smoking in enclosed places of employment. See Iowa Smokefree Air Act.
- The Medical Cannabidiol Act permits the use of medical marijuana for qualified medical conditions. See Medical Marijuana.
- Employers that conduct drug or alcohol testing or retesting are required to provide each employee subject to testing, including prospective employees, with a written policy. See Alcohol and Drug Testing.
- Iowa has a Good Samaritan Law. See Good Samaritan Law.
- Waterloo has requirements pertaining to smoking. See Local Requirements.