Employee Health: Montana
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Jason Ritchie and Bradley T. Cave, Holland & Hart LLP
- Montana law requires employers to provide worker seating. See Managing Health Concerns That Could Affect Multiple Employees.
- Montana prohibits smoking in all workplaces. See Smoking in the Workplace.
- Montana permits the use of medical marijuana See Medical Marijuana.
- Montana allows the recreational use of marijuana. See Recreational Marijuana.
- Montana authorizes employers to maintain Automatic External Defibrillators, but requires development of a written plan and training of authorized individuals. See Managing Emergency Medical Situations.