Employee Health: Tennessee
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Leanne Coffman, The Safety Training Solution LLC
- Tennessee has reporting requirements that cover diseases and medical conditions that may impact public health. See Reporting Infectious Diseases.
- Tennessee is one of several states that have stricter requirements for employee exposures to hazardous chemicals than federal OSHA. See Toxic Chemical Exposures.
- Tennessee restricts the use of COVID-19 vaccine mandates and provides unemployment insurance protections to those who left unemployment due to a vaccine mandate. Tennessee also requires employers that impose a COVID-19 vaccination mandate to provide exemptions. See COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates.
- Tennessee's Non-Smoker Protection Act prohibits smoking in most enclosed places, including workplaces. See Smoking at Work.
- Tennessee has a Good Samaritan law, which provides conditional protection for those offering voluntary medical care. See Good Samaritan Law.