Employee Health: Vermont
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Leanne Coffman, The Safety Training Solution LLC
- Certain infectious diseases are covered by state law and must be reported to the appropriate agencies. See Infectious Diseases.
- Specific diseases and health conditions contracted by fire fighters may be considered presumptive illnesses. See Occupationally Acquired Diseases.
- Vermont prohibits smoking in enclosed workplaces. See Smoking at Work.
- The use of medical and recreational marijuana is permitted. See Marijuana.
- Vermont has a Good Samaritan law, which provides conditional protection for those offering voluntary medical care. See Good Samaritan Law.